Monday, February 13, 2012

The Journey of Finding My Soul Mate

Finding my soul mate was most definitely a journey. A soul mate is not always someone with whom you are romantically involved. It could just be a friend.

For me, though, my soul mate was both. We were friends, and we fell into a something more long before we should have.  After a while, he decided that it would be best to see other people, so we ended up calling the something off for a while.  It was truly the most pain that I had ever felt in my entire life.   My heart was broken into a million pieces.  I had lost, not only the person I loved, but my greatest friend as well.

I wanted him to just go away. My heart was aching. I prayed for him not to call, email, or IM me anymore. I knew that if he called or wrote, that I would respond. He was first and foremost my friend. Not just any friend, he was my best friend. He was the one who knew my hopes and my dreams. He knew my secrets. He truly KNEW me. He really saw ME.  Did I get what I prayed for??  NOPE!  He called, emailed, texted, IMed constantly.  He would not GO AWAY! 

This is not the end of our story, or even the beginning.  This is just a small part of it.  We have come a long way since then. 

We have been married for a few years now, and are very happy.  We have expanded our family to include a total of 6 children.  It took us a while to get it, but we finally did, and we made it!



Photo Credit: April Hollingsworth who is an AMAZING photographer!

No comments: