Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering 9 / 11 ---- 10 Years Later

I am sure that every American remembers where they were, what they were doing and how they felt on this fateful day. I know that I do. 

I was washing the breakfast dishes while the girls were watching "Blue's Clues", when my dad called and asked if I was watching the news. He told me to turn it on, so I did. I was in shock. A plane had crashed into one of the "Twin Towers." As I was watching, I saw a second plane crash into the other tower, and all I could think was "What in the hell is happening?" I don't think my brain was comprehending what my eyes were seeing. I remember watching the top of one of the towers fall and no one reported that it fell for a what seemed like 5 whole minutes. I actually thought to myself, "Maybe I did not see it fall."

I have never before or since felt so helpless. That is the only way I can describe what I felt. I cried for the families who lost loved ones that day. I cried for those who were supposed to be there, but by some miracle they weren't.

10 Years Later, I still remember like it was yesterday!

No comments: