Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Urban Legends about Food

I got an email from Team Beachbody about 10 Urban Food Myths.  I have heard of a lot of food myths, but some of these I have never heard of and are so ridiculous, I am not sure how anyone believed them.


In today's blog, I will talk about these CRAZY ones.

Crazy Legend number 1) Flesh-Eating Bananas.  That just sounds crazy.  I would like to know where this one got its start!

Crazy Legend number 2) Chocolate Milk has Cow's Blood in it.  Again, I am not sure how this one got started, but with all the regulations the FDA has on food, I am pretty sure that there is no cows blood in chocolate milk.  I will say that my family does not drink pre-made chocolate milk.  If the kiddos want to drink Chocolate milk, they have to make it. 

Crazy Legend number 3) McDonalds using 'Roo meat in their burgers.   While eating McDonalds is not something my family does because of other reasons, I am pretty sure that they do not use Kangaroo meat in the burgers.  I think this would have been a REAL scandal and not some urban legend.

Disclaimer:  My above statements are my opinion.  I have no facts to dispute any of these myths.  I did not do any real research on the above myths either. 


I hope you all have a great day!

No comments: