Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Yesterday's Blog

When I was reading the article about donuts, the one I blogged about yesterday...I was reminded of a story.  This story is a funny one...NOW, but at the time, when a Krispy Kreme full of people laughing at me, it was not so funny.

Several years ago, I had just moved back to my home town from the DC area.  I had dropped the kids off at school, and made my way to the Eye Dr.  I was a little early, and across the street from the dr.'s office was a Krispy Kreme.  The "HOT NOW" sign was flashing.  I pulled into the parking lot and went inside.  When I get up to the counter, I ordered 1(yes that is O-N-E) doughnut.  That was the extent of my order.  I heard the people behind me laughing.  People were saying things like, "Eating one doughnut is like eating one potato chip", and such. 

At the time, I really did not understand why they were laughing/poking fun of me and my order.  It was more of them laughing at the fact that most people (including themselves) can not eat just 1 of anything. 

So, now it is time to share my motto for the day:  ALL THINGS IN MODERATION! 

No comments: