Sunday, August 14, 2011

We All Could Show a Little More...

...Compassion. We could all be a little more compassionate. I know I could!!!

Compassion is the feeling of sympathy and sorrow for another who is stricken by misfortune, accompanied by a strong desire to alleviate the suffering.

I have a big problem with compassion...I am not very sympathetic to most people. I just do not feel sorry for those who have caused their problems on themselves, and I think most people have caused their own problems. I have caused my own problems, and I do not want anyone to feel sorry for me. I absolutely despise those who blame others for their problems. I hate it. I will admit my mistakes, and I think that everyone should do that, but I know that most people don't. I do feel sorry for children who have been abused. I feel sorry for those who have been affect by things that are beyond their control (i.e. disease, being laid off, etc.).

All of that being said, I know that I should be more compassionate towards others. So that is my project of the week...more compassion.

No comments: